This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data that you provide to us. Please read it carefully.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Reallymoving.com Ltd of Eclipse Court, 14B Chequer Street, St Albans AL1 3YD. Reallymoving.com Ltd is the owner of stampdutycalculator.co.uk.
Newsletters and email marketing
We ensure our email marketing is GDPR compliant. We do not share your details with third parties, and we have a strict no-spam policy.
Signing up to an email newsletter involves double opt-in, ensuring the user is aware of what they are signing up for and fully consent to being contacted.
User information is stored safely, is not shared and is used in the interest of the user, to offer information and offers that were understood at the time of sign up.
At any time, you are able to easily unsubscribe from the mailing list by clicking the link at the bottom of the email. You can also email us directly at [email protected] and request to have your details removed.
Other information we may collect on you
If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We automatically collect the following data about you when you visit our site:
- Browser user-agent information – this will reveal your browser (including version), operating system and may reveal your mobile device model information. This information is captured in our webserver logs and may be used for anonymised analysis of site usage.
- IP address – this information is captured in our webserver logs and is recorded when you request a quote or leave feedback. We may use this information for protection against fraudulent use of our services.
We can automatically detect your approximate location (latitude and longitude) if you opt-in to allow us to obtain your location through your browser geolocation information – we offer this facility on some of our web pages. You may revoke this permission at any time via your browser.
Tracking and cookies
See Wikipedia for an explanation of retargeting
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Personalization page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Where we store your personal data
Your data will usually be held in a destination inside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). The EEA consists of the 28 EU Member States plus Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland. However, there may be times when the data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
We will hold your personal data for 1 year (unless there is an outstanding matter with you that is still unresolved).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Reallymoving.com Ltd or its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Reallymoving.com Ltd about its customers will be transferred to the acquirer.
- If we are under a duty to disclose your personal data, for example to a Government agency, to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce our Terms and Conditions or to protect the legitimate rights, property, or safety of us our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our site may contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
For links to other sites owned by Reallymoving.com Ltd e.g. reallymoving.com, we also have separate privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit personal data to these websites.
You have the following rights in relation to the processing of your data:
- The right at any time to withdraw your consent to our use of your data, but if you do so we may no longer be able to provide services to you;
- The right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- The right to access the information we hold about you and to be provided with a copy. If you make more than one such request, we will be entitled to charge a reasonable fee for the second and subsequent requests;
- If you consider that any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate, you have the right to ask us to rectify that inaccuracy;
- If you consider that the information that we hold about you is incomplete, you have the right to ask us to complete it;
- The right to ask us to delete the information that we hold about you if, for example, you consider that this information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected it. This is sometimes referred to as “the right to be forgotten”;
- The right to ask us to suspend processing of your data if: (i) you consider that it is inaccurate; or (ii) its processing is unlawful but you do not wish us to delete it; or (iii) we no longer require the data but you need us to keep it for a legal claim; or (iv) you object to the processing and we are verifying whether we have a legitimate reason to continue processing it;
- The right to be provided with a copy of the data that we hold about you in a commonly used electronic format. This is sometimes referred to as “data portability”.
If you wish to use any of these rights you can contact us on us by email at [email protected] or in writing to Eclipse Court, 14B Chequer Street, St Albans AL1 3YD.
You also have the right to bring any concerns about our processing of your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”). The ICO can be contacted by telephone 0303 123 1113.